Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Taking a break

I am heading out on vacation tomorrow. I'll return in mid June. I don't intend to check email or favorite websites while gone.

The heart of this vacation is a trip to Alaska with my parents. While both of them are doing fine (Mom is getting forgetful) they are at an age that if we don't go this year we won't go at all.

The cruise departs from Vancouver and will make stops in Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway. We'll cruise Glacier Bay and College Fjord before stopping in Whittier. From there we take the train to Denali Lodge for two nights, come back to McKinley lodge for a third night, before a final night in Anchorage.

Mom wants to see Sitka, but the ship didn't go there. So, on our own, we'll fly to Sitka for 24 hours.

We'll also have a couple days before and several days after with my brother and his family in the Seattle area.

Yes, I plan to take lots of pictures.

You can use this entry as an open thread.

2 comments:

  1. Hello from Alaska! I hope you and your parents enjoy your vacation here. If you're interested in looking up Alaska's LGBT community, check Bent Alaska or email me and I'll send this week's newsletter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know I had a reader in Alaska! Welcome. I'm curious about how you found my humble blog. Thanks for the offer of checking out Alaska's LGBT scene, but it would be awkward to do so with my parents around. It isn't that they disapprove -- I'm out to them and we are vacationing together -- it's just ... awkward. Beside, we have little time in Anchorage and not much evening time in other cities.

    ReplyDelete